It's about 5:30 in the evening here and I've been out and about since 11:00. This morning I walked around the city with my roommates and stumbled upon St. Peter's Basilica. We then made our way to campus for a free welcome “American style BBQ.” The fries and burgers and hotdogs were accompanied by freshly baked buns…not quite American, but delicious nonetheless. Right after the BBQ three of my roommates and I participated in the photo-scavenger hunt organized by the orientation staff.
Not many people attended, so basically everyone who participated was guaranteed a prize, ranging from JCU gift bags to a free day trip. Of course, my team was in it to win it. We started out at a good pace, walking to get metro tickets and found landmarks from the student medical center to the Spanish steps. To our luck, one boy in our group, Euginio, had GPS on his cell phone…we didn't get lost once and won the contest!
Courtesy of JCU Student Activities, three of my roommates and I won a day trip to Siena (saving us about 30 euro)! We celebrated with a well-deserved gelato and will take a siesta before going out to see what Roman night life has to offer!
Ciao ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment