Not much has happened since my trip to Veneto. I've just been enjoying the beautiful weather we've had lately -- every day is sunny with highs around 60 degrees :) But with the warmth comes allergies. (At least what I assume is allergies...time to go on a scavenger hunt for Claritin D in Rome? I think so.)
Carleigh visited this weekend, which was perfect timing. I needed some sparkle in my life as I begin to miss home a little bit. At the same time it is so crazy to think that nearly a month has already gone by and I only have four months left!
Carleigh's visit was the perfect excuse to tour Rome yet again. This time I was the guide, successfully navigating my way to the train station, Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Spanish Steps! I might be slightly obsessed with the Coliseum, here are a few pictures I took there (and by a few, I look about 100)!
Thanks to Google maps and my handy map of Rome...and to Carleigh for conveniently forgetting that you get Google maps on your cell phone until the last night here, my fears of getting lost in Rome are long gone!
Carleigh had an early flight home on Sunday. After saying goodbye and going back to bed until 11a.m. I forced myself out of bed to get some fresh air.
My roommates happened to be heading on a day trip to Castel Gandolfo which I tagged along for. It is a small lake-side town just a 45 minute train ride outside of Rome. Castel Gandolfo does not have a castle, but it the location of the pope's vacation home on top of the mountain. We had a nice lunch in town and enjoyed the scenery - a great way to wrap up the weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment