Again, I’ve been all caught up in traveling, school and just enjoying the beauty that surrounds me in Roma ever day. Here is a quick wrap up of the rest of spring break (so long ago!) and a couple of explorations since then!
Lisbon (
Spring Break, continued)
We spent our second day in
Lisbon relaxing on one of their beautiful beaches. Of course, day trips rarely go as smoothly as planned. Our original beach plans were faltered when the train workers were on strike…Europeans love their strikes. Luckily one girl in my group was friends with a Portuguese girl who helped us get to a different beach via a ferry and then a bus.
The beach was beautiful and a well-deserved relaxing day!
Madrid, March 24-26
I see why Jillian has such great memories of
Madrid – it is such an awesome city! With her helpful tips in hand, Carleigh and I took on the city!
First things first, we found Jill’s favorite restaurant in
Madrid, Malaspina. There we shared a jarra of sangria and patatas bravas. So simple, so delicious.
From there, we met up with some more friends to see what
Madrid’s notorious night life had to offer on a Thursday!
On Friday morning, we woke up to take advantage of the free walking tour of the city…in the rain. We made it to Puerta del Sol (Gate of the Sun), the Opera House and the
Royal Palace. Compared to
Rome,
Madrid seemed like a very modern city. When it was time to find food again we stumbled upon another of Jill’s suggestions, 100 Montaditos where we each got a few mini-sandwiches. Not quite understanding what I ordered, I also was served an interesting lemonade-beer combination, which was actually really good!
After a siesta we took advantage of the free end-of-day entrance to
Prado Museum before going to watch the futbol game a nearby pub.
By Saturday I was home-sick for
Rome. After an early morning walk around
Madrid’s botanical garden and the giant central park I had my last Spanish food (tortilla Espanola with brava sauce) and metroed back to the airport, home-bound to
Rome!
No comments:
Post a Comment